Monday 16 January 2012

Now That's What I Call Keeping Calm.......

It's been a week since my last post here and what a week!  
Just before Sophie was due to return to nursery after the New Year weekend we received an e-mail to say that the nursery had been vandalised, someone had set a fire that, while caught in time, had caused extensive smoke damage ruining the entire contents (including ceilings, walls and insulation) of the building!  As a result the nursery had to be closed for repair and to replace everything inside meaning we have had to juggle looking after Sophie and working our shifts too!  (no mean feat I can tell you!)

Luckily the fabulous owners and staff have worked really hard (along with an army of cleaners, builders and decorators) and organised a minor miracle of having the entire nursery ready for our babies in just 9 days!
I can't wait to see the place this morning!
I'll be taking this with me, a little gift from Sophie to show her appreciation of all their hard work and a little reminder of all they have achieved!


I am still shocked that someone saw fit to do something like this to a children's nursery, I am just happy that no one was inside! 

Lots of Love xxxx

12 comments:

sadie said...

sadly, thugs often target kids nurseries and schools.

Over the past couple of years, here where I live, a nursery in the centre of town was vandilised, as was the school my girl goes to. It was before she started, and luckily before their renovations started, but it's still mindless idiocy. Makes me angry.

Glad your nursery people got it sorted so quickly, that was certainly speedy work!
x

Josie-Mary said...

That was very quick work! xx

LissyLou said...

i just don't understand peoples cruel minds :(

xx

Lisa said...

I'm sure the gift will be very much appreciated!
Dreadful that such awful things happen, like you say thankfully no-one was hurt.
Lisa x

Pink Milk said...

Oh, how awful. What scum bags.

I think your thoughtful gift will raise a few wry smiles.

Hx

Callies Cottage said...

What a shame,bet the morons responsible have NO idea of the ramifications of their stupidity!
Thank goodness for the staff who sound wonderful!
Warm Wishes,
Callie

Unknown said...

Gosh That is dreadful! Glad you got it sorted so quickly!

A garden just outside Venice said...

Can't believe that something so awful has happenede in your very quiet corner of world..
Glad to hear that Soph can go back to her happy place so quickly!
xxxx

Tina said...

Wow, what a horrible thing! People sometimes really make me mad. Glad no one was hurt. And congratulations to all the staff and workers that helped to pull everything back together in such a small space of time. xx

Jo said...

How awful, glad it got sorted so quickly though. I'm sure the gift will have been well received.

Unknown said...

Some people are just sick! I'm glad everything worked out for you!!!

Sandy xox

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Glad Sophie can get back with her friends at nursery!

Victoria xx